Rules of the Association
- That this Club be called “Whittlesey Angling Association” and the Management shall consist of the Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer to be elected from Members residing in the WHITTLESEY PARISH. The aforementioned together with seven other elected members to form a club committee of eleven of whom up to two may be resident outside the boundary of Whittlesey Parish. Any five members to form a Quorum. Committee has the power to co-opt.
- Membership to Whittlesey Angling Association is open. Members must reside within five miles of Whittlesey Market Place to have voting powers at the Clubs A.G.M..
- Children under the age of 18 years will not be allowed to vote on any club matters at the A.G.M..
- The A.G.M. shall be held on the last Friday in March unless it is Good Friday, when it shall be held on the first Friday in April, when all officers shall be elected and the Secretary and the Treasurer shall present a Statement of Accounts and a General report of Affairs of the Association.
- Any proposed alteration of rules must be made in writing to the Secretary 14 days prior to the A.G.M.
- A special general meeting maybe convened at any time by giving 7 days notice in writing to the Secretary, signed by 7 members and stating the object of such a meeting.
- No member shall take any gun or dog for distraction of game, and shall close all gates, do no willful damage to grass, fences, crops, etc. on adjoining land.
- The use of BLOODWORM and JOKER is Allowed from 1st October through to the season end. BLOODWORM AND JOKE IS BANNED IN ALL CLUB MATCHES.
- All members must carry their Whittlesey Angling Association book when fishing club waters. If the book is not produced at the request of a W.A.A. official, then a day ticket must be purchased.
- No fish of any description may be taken from W.A.A. waters with the exception of a small amount to be used as live bait. PLEASE NOTE All EA Rules and Bylaws on transportation must be followed.
- Predator anglers are only permitted to use as many rods per person as they have licences for up to a maximum of 2/3 per licence allowed by law.
- No members to organise matches/sweepstakes without official permission.
- No cars to be taken onto riverbanks and no tents to be erected.
- It is essential to make your fishing point opposite to the permanent peg numbers. No digging in other places is allowed, W.A.A. officers will insist you move is this rule is ignored. Refusal may result in the offender being banned.
- It is a condition of the club that all committee members have responsibility for the upkeep of their allotted river bank and peg numbers throughout the season. If any member fails this rule then the offending committee member shall have his membership withdrawn.
- Weed Rakes will be allowed to be used within 30 minutes of Sat match start times subject to the organisers discretion.
- Anglers fishing Saturday Club matches are not allowed to fish the match length from the Thursday midnight onwards.
- Anglers are only permitted to fish WAA waters if they have a landing net.
- Should any dispute arise in carrying out these Rules, The Committee ruling shall be binding and final.
- ALL FISH TO BE RETURNED ALIVE TO THE WATER.
- FISH DEATHS MUST BE REPORTED.
- NO FISH TO BE TAKEN AWAY DEAD OR ALIVE WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE OWNER; TO DO SO MAY GIVE RISE TO CIVIL PROSECUTION OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION UNDER SCHEDULE 1 SECTION 2 OF THE THEFT ACT.
- PHONE 07540 896506 TO REPORT ANY FISH DEATHS AND TO THE ENVIRONMENT AGENCY ON 01480 483833 AND NOTE THE VEHICLE REG. MAKE, COLOUR AND VENUE.
THESE ACTIONS ARE TO HELP PROTECT OUR SPORT AND THE WELL BEING OF THE FISH STOCKS.
IN THE EVENT OF FISH BEING TAKEN ILLEGALLY PLEASE PHONE 999 AND REPORT THEFT IN PROGRESS